Hospitalists may use a telephone answering service as a way to manage incoming calls when they are not available to answer them directly. This can be particularly useful in a hospital setting where hospitalists may be responsible for multiple patients and may need to prioritize their time.
The telephone answering service can take messages, screen calls, and provide basic information to callers, such as directions to the hospital or information about visiting hours. The service can also forward urgent calls directly to the hospitalist on call, ensuring that important information is relayed promptly.
Using a telephone answering service can help hospitalists to manage their time more effectively and ensure that they are able to focus on their patients when they are with them. It can also help to ensure that calls are handled in a timely and professional manner, which can help to improve patient satisfaction and outcomes.
Overall, A Professional Image (API) can be a useful tool for hospitalists to manage their workload and ensure that they are able to provide high-quality care to their patients.
A Professional Image offers the following services to hospitalist groups:
- Manage admissions from the ED to the floor, observation and other departments.
- Most up-to-date technology which allows hospital to communicate through secure messaging or phone call.
- Manage consultation calls to the floor, observation and other departments
- Uploading daily patient lists for accurate information and accurate message delivery
- Provide details to help eliminate unnecessary call backs
- Provide daily reporting of calls (to help with future scheduling of providers)
- Documentations (may lower E&O insurance rates)
- Discounts provided on call volume